Monday, November 28, 2011

Crystal Bridges.


Over Thanksgiving break my dad, little sister, and I took a day trip to the new museum in the Ozarks: Crystal Bridges. We try to go to a museum every time we go on vacation. In New York City a few years ago, we went to the MoMA (love). When my boyfriend and I went to Denver at the beginning of the year, we went to the Denver Art Museum. This past spring, in New Mexico, my dad, little sister, and I went to the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. My family adores museums.

So last week over Thanksgiving, we loaded up the car and drove to Crystal Bridges.

The museum is surrounded by hiking trails, so if you go, you could make a day trip out of it, too. Check out the art, go for a hike, and have a nice dinner (either at the museum or elsewhere). Crystal Bridges is even great for kids; there is a room for them to draw, play dress up, and explore.

The museum features artwork by Roy Lichtenstein, Georgia O'Keeffee, Andy Warhol, Norman Rockwell, Asher Durand, and Chuck Close.




1. I am unsure of the title of this artwork & the artist, but I love those stripes so much. Anybody know? (Does not belong to me; artwork belongs to the artist and Crystal Bridges.)
2. Rosie the Riveter by Normal Rockwell
3. Dolly Parton by Andy Warhol
4. Winter Scene in Brooklyn by Francis Guy (my favorite!)

We also saw Kindred Spirits by Asher Durand while visiting Crystal Bridges. I cannot believe Alice Walton paid $35 million for this piece. Honestly, it was a little anti-climatic.

If you are into art and love to spend a day wandering through galleries, Crystal Bridges is worth the trip. It is perfect for a day with the family or a date night with your love. Free admission, gorgeous scenery, and several brilliant pieces tucked into every turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment