Monday, October 10, 2011

M + M = 4.

Good morning, everyone! How was your weekend? We had a lovely anniversary.

Friday we went to the fair and ate our weight in junk food. Mark had a turkey leg and I had fried cheese. (Literally. Fried cheese.) We shared fried Oreos + a jumbo Diet Coke for dessert. I wanted cotton candy + fresh lemonade, too, but you have to draw the line somewhere.


After "dinner", we went to the animal nursery and pet baby goats and baby pigs and held chunky rabbits. I might have wondered how I could smuggle a piglet into my shirt and into my no-pets-allowed living arrangement.

Sunday was our actual anniversary. We began the day with cake donuts and spicy sausage rolls, but after breakfast we fell into a deep donut coma and napped all morning.

In the early afternoon, we took a leisurely drive to a pick-your-own pumpkin patch. The ad for the pumpkin patch boasted a 40 acre patch where you could pluck a pumpkin straight from the vine. When we got to the farm, though, we discovered the only pumpkins left on the vine were tiny and unripe. The owners had picked every single one and put them into rows in their front yard! Hmph. So, instead, we explored the farm and I snapped pictures of the farm animals:

A light drizzle started, so we headed to the car and drove back into town. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some of the Denver Broncos game.

After the game we went to the theatre and saw 50/50. I cried so much. Not exactly an anniversary-type movie, but I was glad to have Mark to hold onto. It is an excellent movie; it's just hard to watch.

Our anniversary was peppered with kinks (example: I lost my wallet and a semi-hysterical search ensued*), of course. It was a great weekend, though. Cozy and comfortable. I'm so happy we found each other and I can't wait to watch another year unfold.

*It was found, also! Mark told me during the hunt for my wallet that I would lose my head if it weren't attached to my body.

1 comment:

  1. what a great post!

    I found your blog randomly and thought I would say hi. You have such a great little spot here! Come on over and follow me on my new color inspired blog...I think you'll really like it!

    http://colorissue.blogspot.com/


    p.s the shots of espresso is so creative :-)

    ReplyDelete