Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keep calm and ramble on.

Yesterday I went to the spa and got my first facial. Holy relaxation, Batman! The masseuse exfoliated, did an extraction, placed cool tea bags on my eyes as she massaged a facial mask onto my skin, massaged my hands and arms, rubbed my shoulders, and made me feel deliciously sleepy. And then I went to a yoga class (it's my new thing, you know?) and stretched and did deep breaths and calmed down even more.

This morning, however, I woke up to inches of ice and snow on the ground. School was still in session. (Even though almost every surrounding-area school was cancelled.) It took me thirty minutes to defrost my car. I walked at the pace of a snail to each class. I was not relaxed and I was not calm.

But! -- when I was finished with class, I came home and made a cup of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. Then for lunch I prepared a fresh fruit salad. So I relaxed. And I calmed down.




PS: Some people don't understand the whole taking-pictures-of-food thing. 1. How could you not snap a picture of that gorgeous fruit? 2. Blog content, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment