Friday, October 1, 2010

My love for October.


My favorite month (besides June) is here! I am hopelessly in love with October. This particular month makes me feel very nostalgic. October is bliss because:

1. The vivid memories of carving pumpkins (even the way the inside of a pumpkin smells) on the Spanish tile floor of the kitchen with my mom and baby sister.
2. Pumpkin spice lattes (or
variations of it).
3. The brilliant colored mounds of trees that wind down the valleys of my hometown.
4. Football. What I have been
waiting for. The cold beers, the roar of the fans, the last few seconds that could determine the game...
5. Driving with the windows down and the heater on.
6. Cozy, chunky sweaters.
7. Perfect weather for running or biking.
8. Dressing up at Halloween. Haunted houses. Candy. Hayrides. The fair.
9. M asked me to be his girlfriend October 9th of 2007. October reminds me of freshmen year when I fell - very hard - for M.
10. Williams-Sonoma's apple cider and cinnamon sticks.
11. Warm pies fresh from the oven. Especially Grandma Ed's pies.
12. Reference to number 5: Homecoming.
13. Mom's homemade potato soup.
14. Curling up in plaid blankets and spending the afternoon napping.
15. Sam Adam's Octoberfest beer.

In October, it's easier to breathe. The air is crisp and clean, and I find happiness in the most simplest things. A lot of my adoration for October is found in food (see: #2, 10, 11, 13, and 15). But it's more than that. October is comfortable and snuggly.

This weekend I am going home, and I am so excited! My mom and I are going to see a movie and she is going to make a bowl of her "famous" potato soup. Then, Sunday, boyfriend M and I are going to the fair. I'm looking forward to another low-key, relaxed weekend! Hope you all have a grand weekend.

PS: Last night before a glorious game of football, I tried "french toast" ice cream in a waffle cone. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment