Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Announcing: My new blogspot address.

Remember this post/plead for help? I'm excited to announce a little makeover is underway for Mocha Mornings! The first change? A new blogspot address.

Super loud and cliché drum roll, please...


The name Mocha Mornings was getting a little stale, and I wanted to switch things up when my blog turned one...six months ago. I'm very happy with the name change and I hope you guys love it, too. It has a ring to it, no?

I decided on 'magnificent' after the infamous quote by Marianne Williamson floating around the Internet. You know the one.

"...We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?..."

And the back story on the name Lou:

Eons ago, my youngest cousin asked me if people ever call me Mary Magdalene. My family shortens my first name to 'Mer', and as a 7 year old my cousin associated the nickname Mer with the name Mary. The answer, of course, was: uh, hardly. My little sister and I found it hilarious and she began calling me several variations of Mary Magdalene: Mary Mag, Mary Maggy, Mary Magoo. And nicknames somehow get re-written over time and one day you wake up and wonder why you call your dog Cheddar Skywalker.

But I remember how my sister got there. My nickname went from Mary Mag to Mary to Mary Lou. Eventually, all the Marys got dropped and I became Lou.

And it stuck. All of my birthday cards from my sister are addressed to Lou. If we go shopping and she wants me to check something out she'll say, "Lou! Come look." When we are hugging, she'll say "Bye, Lou." You get the point.

The new name is in dedication to myself and my incredible little sister, who means the world to me. And you guys. Because who are we not to be magnificent? (And worthy of quirky nicknames.)

So #2 is crossed off. I will reveal the rest of the makeover by the end of the month. I'll be keeping the Mocha Mornings header I currently have until then.

I hope you all enjoy the new name. I'm wildly stoked to share the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment