Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th.





I had a beautiful 4th of July weekend. One day, I would like to spend the 4th in Washington DC, or on the lakes of New Hampshire (I may or may not be watching What About Bob? and craving the clear, crisp waters).

Sunday I had lunch with my dad, went to the theatre to see Transformers with M, tried a new local German restaurant, and went to a fireworks show on the river, where we enjoyed ice cream and people watching.

Monday M and I went out for Chinese food and then brought flowers to his grandma, who recently fell and is currently in a rehabilitation center. After visiting with her, we went home and watched Star Wars: Phantom Menance and then went to our friend J's house for a cookout.

I wish everyday consisted of children playing on the splash pads in the park, a pair of friends having a lemonade stand, the smell of fireworks after they've danced in the sky, and the taste of frozen treats on your tongue.

Hope you all had a lovely 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment