Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 2011!

2011 sounds really futuristic to me. But I am very excited to watch the year unfold. So far, 2011 will bring:

A trip to Denver, Colorado; a week in the cold mountain air is the perfect way to ring in the new year.

A Lady Gaga concert with some girlfriends. Perhaps the best place for people watching (aside from airports).

My first half-marathon.

It's still being discussed with ol' mom and pop, but if I can get enough scholarships, then I might be doing a 5 week study abroad program in Europe in the summer of 2011.

Boyfriend M will turn 25! Oh my gosh. There will be a huge celebration!

I will graduate from college with a BS in Hotel and Restaurant Administration.

There are so many possibilities for 2011. I have made a few resolutions:

1. Be healthy! I'm going to eat better and exercise more. I spent 2010 doing this, too, and have improved a lot since 2009. I want to be my very best, though, while I'm still young and capable.

2. Create and sell greeting cards. I sent out Christmas cards and got great feedback, so in 2011 I'd like to make more - for all occasions - and sell them locally and online.

3. Develop my blog more. It's still a baby blog, but I'm excited to see what 2011 could bring. (I have loved being able to look back on most of 2010 because of this little journal I keep!)

4. Say "no" less and "yes" more - take on challenges, go on adventures, and fill my plate with exhausted happiness.

5. Save money. Since I'll be graduating in December 2011, I need to begin a post-college savings fund.

And just to kick the New Year off right, here's one of my favorite quotes from the movie "Back to the Future" -

Marty McFly: Whoa, this is heavy.
Dr. Brown: There's that word again. Heavy. Why are things to heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

Cheers to a futuristic year that is heavy with support, goals, dreams, and growth. May you all have a fabulous New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! (Eat your black-eyed-peas.) See you in 2011.

I don't have the source for this photo. Anyone know the source?

No comments:

Post a Comment