Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas is coming,...

...the goose is getting fat. (I'm the goose.)

If calories and guilt were not objects, I would spend an afternoon eating and drinking:

Panera's mint crinkle cookie (fudgey cookie with mint and powdered sugar)
A salted caramel hot chocolate + double espresso from Starbucks*
A gingerbread latte from Starbucks*

I can think of many more, but I don't want to embarrass myself.

*I'm done denying that I don't kind-of love Starbucks. (Don't be mad, mom!) As I've mentioned a few times on here, I'd rather buy food/treats that will support my city and keep my dollars local. However. However. Starbucks has a superb list of creamy, buttery holiday drinks. And they come in red cups with snowflakes on them. And sometimes the guy in the drive-thru has a bedazzled microphone that he uses to take orders. I'll be back at my regular coffeehouse post-holidays. (And when I'm home for the holidays, I'll get to drink coffee from my original favorite local shop! That place will definitely keep me away from chain-coffee.) (PS: I will also occasionally spend my money at Panera because, well, let's face it - it's too good not to.)

Also, it's not edible, but I'd really love to have Glee's Christmas album. And I adore this picture from Anthro's "evergreen adoration".

Tomorrow I'll be posting a story from my sophomore year of college. If you missed my first story (still haven't thought of a clever title for the series!), you can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I invented the salted caramel+espresso. I ordered it one day and the girl goes "that's called a salted caramel mocha." I think she was on crack, though, because not every store knows what I'm talking about when I try to order it. Still, it's my favorite drink ever.

    ReplyDelete