Monday, November 29, 2010

Camera love.

Come Christmas, little Canon PowerShot S95, you will be mine. A Christmas gift to myself. I've been wanting a DSLR for over a year now. The DSLR I want costs around $1,000 + classes to learn how to properly use all the fun features. Fortunately I was gifted a little DSLR camera money for my 21st birthday. But then my cheap digital camera took a plunge on a summer float trip (who knew getting a camera wet would break it?!) So I'm about $350 short of affording a $1,000 DSLR and I am camera-less. Recently, though, my dad introduced me to the Canon PowerShot S95. This is a very affordable camera and comes with several features I am looking for; takes sharp low-light shots without a flash, controllable ring on dial (can change focus, zoom, ISO, color saturation, aperture, etc.), has 10 megapixels, hi-def videos + stereo sound, and it is small enough to be carried in my pocket. Plus it's only $400! I think it's perfect for my first (kind-of) single lens reflex camera. I have missed owning a camera and capturing little pieces of my life, so I'm counting the days until December 25th when this little cutie will be wrapped up prettily under the tree.

PS: This camera will not be going on float trips.

(I am not being endorsed. I'm just a tad obsessed with the S95 and wanted to share my joy.)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this looks like a great camera! And, funny story, I ended up camera-less after a floating trip too. Life is crazy.

    ReplyDelete