Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Buggin' for a recipe.

That was one brutal law exam. At least I won't be mumbling the definitions of mitigation and stare decisis in my sleep anymore. Until the next exam, anyway.

I haven't gotten much sleep this week. I have slept on the couch for the past few nights because Monday night, as I was crawling into bed, a black beetle the size of my thumb nail scurried across my pillow. Uh-uh. You may be wondering why I sleep on the couch instead of my bed, and my logic is: I have only found one bug in our living room and I've found at least five in my bedroom. Total, between four girls, we have found around thirty. Does that make you want to ralph? We've brought the infestation issue up with the management staff of our apartment complex, and they said their exterminator team can come and spray Thursday. Ugh. So in the meantime, I will welcome my shiny, black, crawly roommates with a giant can of Raid. New before-bed ritual: wash my face, brush my teeth, coat the carpets in Raid. Normal, right? I have the heebie-jeebies just thinking about those little jerks. (PS: Our apartment is clean - promise. We think the bugs are coming from a creek that our apartment complex backs up against.)

And now, for a very twisted transition, I need dinner ideas. Yes, I went from creepy crawlers to requesting recipes. As I have mentioned a couple of times, boyfriend M and I go on "vacation" every Thursday evening before his class. This week, instead of dining out, I'm going to make dinner. What should I make? It doesn't have to be a win-his-heart dish, because I did that three years ago (whoa, cocky!), but I guess I wouldn't mind winning it again. (Please don't think I am being serious; I am teasing and the aforementioned sentence is how I talk in "real life". I'm very sarcastic.) These are some fun and simple go-to recipes, though I am hoping for something that isn't so...elementary. I don't want to be in the kitchen for ten years, but I also want to be able to explore the fresh ingredients at the local market so I can make a healthy and colorful dinner. Let me know if you have any favorite dishes! I'd love to hear.

Have a blessed Wednesday! Half-way to the weekend, darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment