Sunday, August 22, 2010

A very happy weekend.

My eyes are burning from the cigarette smoke, my ears are ringing from sitting under the speakers at the show, and my head is throbbing. But it was a hell of a weekend.

Friday evening as we (the roommates + JLH and I) were stepping out of the apartment to go to dinner, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and my boyfriend was standing there with a bouquet of red roses. I gasped, put my hand over my mouth, and then threw my arms around him. It was an incredible surprise! Aren't they beautiful? Our group went to dinner at a little Italian place and then we hit the bars. Because I drank Thursday night and Friday night, I was completely worthless on Saturday. Roommates J and H, boyfriend M and I laid around the apartment all day Saturday watching TV, eating Chinese take-out and napping on the couches. (It was fabulous to snuggle with boyfriend M all weekend!)

I can't believe the fall semester begins tomorrow. (I'm technically a senior, but I had to add a semester, so I have 3 semesters until I graduate.) The courses I am taking are this fall are: accounting, law/ethics, mechanical equipment, and beverage education. In case I've never mentioned it, I am pursuing a degree in hospitality and plan on becoming an event coordinator post-graduation. (If that doesn't work out, I hope to open a coffee shop!) And before my first class tomorrow I have an interview for a part-time job - wish me luck! I am really looking forward to this semester.

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening unpacking my apartment bedroom and watching a scary movie with my roommates. Hope you all had a very happy weekend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment