Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend recap, etc.

Hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend was low-key and relaxing. Boyfriend M came early Friday afternoon. Friday evening my friends, boyfriend M, and I went out for burgers, milkshakes, and a game of bowling to celebrate H's birthday. There was a bonfire afterward, which some of us went to. Some of us were lame, though, and came home to sleep. I was one of the lame ones. Saturday morning we woke up too-early-for-my-taste and went to the football game! Pretzel + big Diet Coke + we won the game = worth waking up early. Post-game roommate J, M and I went out to eat and watched more football. Went to bed before midnight (uh, what?) and got an extra hour of sleep. (And an extra hour of snuggling.) Sunday morning M and I had a huge breakfast at IHOP; lots of coffee, people watching, and good conversation. To conclude my weekend: I ate and slept.

I can't believe there are only a few short weeks until Thanksgiving. So many projects, tests, and papers between now and some delicious holiday home-cookin', though.

Remember when I said I was going to run a half-marathon this month? Not anymore. I didn't adequately train. When I do complete this event and can cross it off my list of things I want to try/do, I want to see happy results from hard work/effort (April 2011, I'm looking at you!). Remember when I wasn't going to go to Starbucks and buy their delicious holiday-inspired drinks? I've been twice in the last two weeks. Remember when I was going to start posting posts worth reading? Um...

One thing I have noticed since I began blogging is that we (for the most part) come here to be inspired, to show off our creative skillz (yes, skillz), and to make each other laugh. Since I probably haven't inspired anyone, and since I've yet to post any recipes and/or art projects I've done, I want to try to make you all laugh. Personally, I read blogs to "escape" reading articles about the corrupt, gloomy, oppressed world we live in (joking aside, there's some pretty crappy stuff out there...). I want to take some of my experiences and turn them into funny stories for you all to read and to laugh at, so that maybe your long, mundane day won't seem as long and mundane. I'll post my first story Wednesday. Hint: the story is circa my senior year high school prom.

Another week: go!

PS: Spellcheck, don't even act like 'skillz' isn't a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment